Guided Visit To The Castle Of San Felipe: The Invincible Fortress
Duration1 hour and a half.
Kind of tripCultural tours
A visit to the castle of San Felipe is essential when visiting Ferrol. We start at its entrance and then we will go through this impressive fortification of the 18th century of 16,000 m2 through its different courtyards, low and high battery and parade ground.
But it is essential that you make this visit with a guide because the castle is empty and if you don't have us by your side to explain the origin, the history, the evolution of the fortification, if we don't accompany you to show you the most hidden and curious corners, if we do not explain you what certain parts were for and why it is like this, you will stay halfway and you will only see large stone walls at the edge of the sea.
For all this, we offer you a guided tour full of information. From how they fired a muzzleloader to the reason why we have three castles in the Ría very close together. We will tell you about the castle's distant past as well as its present and its most recent history. We will discover everything that the stones do not tell you.
Available on Saturdays in March, April and May. Subject to the evolution of the sanitary conditions of the covid19 pandemic.
Children (Under 10 years old)
- Guided tour will take place on Saturdays at 17:00 hour.
- This visit last 1 hour and a half.
- This visit is not accessible.
- Mandatory use of mask
- ID card or Passport is required
Inicio - 17:00
Castillo de San Felipe
Meeting point in the main door of the Castle.
It is highly recommended to be in the meeting point 10 minutes before the visit begins,
- Travel subject to Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007 of November 16, which approves the Consolidated Text of the General Law for the Defense of Consumers and Users and other complementary laws.
- Ticket general: 10 € por persona
- Menores de 10 años: gratis
- Minimum of 4 adults required.